Can I Get a Scholarship to Study in China?

China is located in the east of Asia, on the west coast of the Pacific Ocean. The land area is more than 9.6 million square kilometers, the eastern and southern continental coastline is more than 18,000 kilometers, and the water area of the inland sea and border sea is about 4.7 million square kilometers. There are more than 7,600 large and small islands in the sea area, of which Taiwan Island is the largest with an area of 35,798 square kilometers. China borders 14 countries and is adjacent to 8 countries by sea. The provincial administrative divisions are divided into 4 municipalities directly under the central government, 23 provinces, 5 autonomous regions, 2 special administrative regions, and the capital Beijing. China has 56 ethnic groups and is a multi-ethnic, multi-lingual, multi-dialect, and multi-lingual country. The national standard spoken and written Chinese is Putonghua and standardized Chinese characters. Studying in China has become a very popular trend. Scholarship is a key consideration for students, because getting a scholarship can not only reduce the burden of students’ life and study, but also reflect students’ abilities in all aspects. Many students who want to study in China ask such a question: “Can I get a scholarship to study in China?” The answer is obviously yes.

The Chinese government provides many kinds of scholarships for international students, including Chinese Government Scholarship, Great Wall Scholarship Project, China-AUN Project, Chinese Government Marine Scholarship, Asian Study Abroad Scholarship and so on. In addition to the scholarships established by the Chinese government, universities also provide many types of scholarships for foreign young students coming to China. You can check the official website of each university for details. In addition, the school’s alumni have also set up many scholarships for the university. All in all, young foreign students who come to China can get scholarships in China. There is no doubt about this.

But you also need to be aware that not everyone can get scholarships. There are certain conditions for obtaining a scholarship, and it needs to be assessed based on your performance. Take the undergraduate international student scholarship of Central University of Finance and Economics as an example.

1. Scholarship content and standards

The Central University of Finance and Economics has provided 2 scholarships since 2018 to attract outstanding students to study undergraduate courses. The content of the scholarship is tuition-free. This scholarship implements an annual review system. At the beginning of September each year, the performance of the previous school year will be assessed. Those with a weighted average credit score of 80 (inclusive) or above in the previous school year can be automatically extended, otherwise it will be terminated.

2. Major

All undergraduate majors enrolling international students can accept applications.

3. Applicant qualifications

(1) Non-Chinese citizens, in good health.

(2) Have not won other scholarships.

(3) Choose to go to class with Chinese classmates.

(4) HSK scores are within the validity period and reach level 6.

(5) Entrance examination scores (including written examination and interview) are ranked among the top two.

Can I Get a Scholarship to Study in China

4. Application date

May 1-June 30 each year.

5. Application process/approach

The college website downloads the application form and fills it out. After the system is completed, you can apply online.

6. Application materials

JTRH is expert at organizing and managing projects including studying abroad, studying in China and study tours, and conducting training programs. We are pleased to answer your questions on them. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Hope you would study in your favorite university. And below is the application materials that you need.

(1) Central University of Finance and Economics International Student Scholarship Application Form;

(2) High school graduation certificate, texts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;

(3) High school transcripts, texts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;

(4) HSK certificate within the validity period.

7. Receiving department

Central University of Finance and Economics International Student Management Office

8. Contact

International Student Management Office, School of International Cultural Exchange, Central University of Finance and Economics, 39 Xueyuan South Road, Haidian District, Beijing