Do The Universities In China Offer English-Taught Programs

1. Can China’s university programs taught in English?

There are bachelor’s, master and doctorate programs taught in English at China’s universities. And they are mainly MBBS, business programs, engineering programs, and computer science and technology.

2. Do I need to take an IELTS or TOEFL exam before applying?

There is no English language test requirement for Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs taught in English. However, it is strongly advised that students with a good background in English apply for the programs.

3. Do I need HSK for a degree program in English?

No, if you are applying for English-taught programs, you don’t need to provide an HSK certificate. If you are applying for Chinese-taught programs you’ll have to pass HSK (the level depends on the University and the program you are applying for).

4. Is there any entrance examination for bachelor programs in China’s universities?

There is no entrance exam for most universities. Currently, some universities organize students to take entrance exams for bachelor programs. There are Peking University, Tsinghua University, Renmin University of China, University of International Business and Economics, Fudan University, and Shanghai Jiao Tong University.